To see if a journal is available in print in the Library's collection, please use the Library Catalog and select Journal Title to focus your search results. Results will display both online, print and microfilm journal titles.
Science journals (most of them) are in electronic format and available 24/7. To see if a journal is available electronically, go to the Journals page.
Science Education Journals Available at FGCU
For a quick way to locate textbooks or children's literature books, please go to the advanced search screen of the Library catalog.
1. Type your topic and select Anywhere
2. In the Limit your search further section, select Location
3. Select either Curriculum Collection or Children's Literature to only search those areas.
You may also do the following in the regular catalog.
1. Type school textbook collection as a Subject Heading.
2. Click School textbook collection in the Subject: Topic area to narrow results by topic. Then click show more which will show elementary or secondary. If you click show more again, you will get the subject areas.
Science books can be found on the 2nd floor of Library East. Use the Library Catalog to search for specific topics or books, or browse the shelves at the following call numbers:
Try these searches to locate books and resources in the FGCU Catalog.
FGCU Databases and Resources for K-12
CPALMS -- toolkits for educators that are organized by grade level. Contains interactive tools that helps educators effectively implement teaching standards.
FGCU's Whitaker Center for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Education "provides programming to public and private K-12 schools in their efforst to bring form reform related to science, mathematics, and technology (STEM) Education."